Sales Development Representative
Ethelo Decisions, Vancouver BC
Do you want to change the world? Do you want to be a part of a company that enables direct citizen engagement in important community decisions? Do you want to advance participatory democracy? Would you love the opportunity to work in a dynamic company with rapid promotion, growth opportunities?
If you are a university graduate under 30 who is known around your circle as a highly motivated individual with the ability to build rapport and make friends quickly, we have a great opportunity for you. Working with Ethelo will give you the opportunity to show what you are really capable of and it will give you the freedom to reach the top of your game.
As our new dynamic and determined Sales Development Representative, you will be the first live face or voice of our brand. We are looking for a detail oriented, and technology savvy professional who demonstrates exceptional active listening and communication skills. Your role will be to introduce individuals, communities and cities around the world to Ethelo’s award-winning participatory decision platform.
As an SDR, you will be driving the execution of marketing campaigns, making a lot of phone calls (40-60 or more per day), sending tons of emails, and then following up promptly when planners, city managers, and others with the responsibility of engaging citizens in their communities inquire about our services. You will engage with people in America, but you will talk to individuals in Canada, the UK, EU, and Australia.
Your Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- You are expected to sell demos of the product, NOT the product – your position is critical in helping to demonstrate the value of the solution and the meeting.
- Connect with potential leads and build relationships and enthusiasm.
- Talk to potential leads and identify if the ones that qualify as potential sales opportunities according to predefined criteria.
- Optimize the scheduling and execution of new lead phone calls and demos.
- Provide timely and accurate sales reports and metrics as requested by the CEO other sales executives.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Ethelo’s products, services and features, along with leading trends and best practices for digital stakeholder engagement.
Your Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for technology and becoming an expert in your field.
- Entrepreneurial at heart and ability to flourish in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- You naturally share ideas and never lose sight that you are part of a team.
- Comfortable at building relationships with clients over the phone/Zoom, email, and in person.
- Experience with either software sales or government and enterprise sales.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an approachable and non-technical voice and tone.
- Some knowledge of sales principles, processes and best practices.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, and at performing routine work and checking data for accuracy.
- Ability to act quickly to respond to new opportunities.
- $40,000–$50,000 base salary, (commission) on-sales-target earnings
- Stock options
NOTE: This position is funded by a grant from the Government of Canada, and this grant requires that the position be filled by either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or official refugee. Holders of temporary work visas will unfortunately not be eligible.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: John Richardson. Deadline: Friday April 12th.
Early applications welcome!